terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2020

Etienne Guigal Gigondas 2016

 


This can be the last post of 2020, the year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the year of resilience and a year of change for me as I departure from Singapore, headed to Amsterdam. During the 3 years I lived in Singapore, I had the hope to explore Australian wines and French ones, but unfortunately, due alcohol taxation, the wines could achieve 3 times the price of the original market, making hard to enter in that journey of discovery I wished for.

This was the last wine I drank while in Singaporean territory, made mostly from: Grenache, with some batches of Syrah and Mourvèdre.

Aromas composed of red fruits, light tobacco box, flowers and truffle powder.

What an punch! Compact, warm, vicious with pepper spice flavors on the palate, has sour cherries and cranberries with flowers. It has a slow depth with balsamic vapors and a surprising light vegetable notes.

Ratting: ★★★ 

Sem comentários: